JT Importer for PolyTrans / NuGraf
Import, Optimize, Render and Convert 'JT' 3D Data Files. This is the defacto industry standard for importing JT geometry files. All versions of JT files are supported up to the current UGS JT Toolkit release.
- Plattform: Win
- Sprache: engl. Lieferzeit 1 - 3 Tage / Lieferung per E-Mail
- Art.Nr.: 31413
The JT Importer is a Plug-In for Okino PolyTrans/ NuGraf. Okino's PolyTrans and... mehr
The JT Importer is a Plug-In for Okino PolyTrans/ NuGraf.
Okino's PolyTrans and NuGraf are cross-industry standards for moving "JT" 3D assembly and part files asset data into all major 3D animation, VisSim and other downstream 3D application packages. Okino has focused entirely on CAD to non-CAD (DCC and VisSim) conversions, optimizations and rendering since 1988. Our solutions are used around the world by all well known companies. Reliability, robustness and personal one-on-one developer-to-customer support have always been the fundamental basis of our business.
NuGraf and PolyTrans can import geometry, hierarchy and materials (assembly data) from native disk-based JT files, and subsequently provide high-end rendering, viewing and scene composition of the data, or have the data optimized and then re-exported to all major 3D file formats and animation packages
Export file formats:
The JT part and assembly data can be re-exported from NuGraf or PolyTrans to a wide range of industry standard 3D scene and animation file formats not previously available to JT data users, such as:
- 3ds Max (via native plug-ins)
- Maya (via native plug-ins)
- Cinema-4D (via LW format)
- Apple 3D Metafile
- Electric Image FACT
- HOOPS HSF
- Okino native BDF
- Open GL C Code
- POV Ray
- Renderman RIB
- STL, trueSpace
- Wavefront OBJ
- Viewpoint VET
- VRML 1+2
- SGI Inventor2
The 'JT' import converter module allows geometry, hierarchy and materials (assembly data) to be imported from native .jt disk-based MCAD files (otherwise called "DirectModel" files). At no additional cost, the JT importer module also allows PMI graphical data to be imported and then re-exported to such compatible Okino export file formats as U3D. The JT importer is built upon the official "JT Open" Toolkit which has been licensed from UGS Corp. The use of the official "JT Open" toolkit ensures consistency of JT files across the enterprise and throughout the PLM market.
What is JT?
"JT" is the predominant and lightweight 3D visualization file format for PLM. It is in production use by thousands of companies worldwide. Compact and accurate, JT is used throughout the product development life cycle in all major industries to communicate the critical design information typically locked up inside a CAD file.
The JT data representation is:
- A rich data model with robust entity support.
- A high-performance, compact persistence archive format for graphics data.
- The best-in-class for supporting large assembly / model interactive capabilities.
- CAD-neutral supporting all major MCAD applications.
JT data can be very lightweight, holding little more than facet data or it can be richer and hold associations to the original CAD information, assemblies, product structure, geometry, attributes, meta data and PMI. It supports multiple tessellations and level-of-detail generation.
Major Benefits of the JT Importer to Okino Customers
- Allows transfer and import of complex MCAD data from upstream application packages, used typically by large corporate users.
- The ability to quickly transfer assembly data into Okino's NuGraf product for interactive scene manipulation, real-time OpenGL shaded views and object manipulation, complex material assignment, 2D bitmap and 3D procedural texture assignment, and rendering by Okino's stable, proven and fast scanline or multi-threaded ray tracing renderers. Once inside NuGraf (or PolyTrans), the data can be easily re-exported to any of the supported Okino 3D file formats.
- JT assemblies can also be imported directly into Maya (using the PolyTrans-for-Maya native plug-in system) or directly into 3ds Max (using the PolyTrans-for-MAX native plug-in system). The native PolyTrans plug-in systems for 3ds Max and Maya have been refined since 1998 specifically for importing large CAD assembly models from JT.
- Img Okino's "CAD Scene and Hierarchy Optimization System" has been integrated right into the JT importer. This is most important when importing large CAD models into 3ds Max, Maya or Lightwave. These animation packages can have performance problems when the source CAD model is large, and/or has a large number of individual parts (which is often the case with the BREP model topology of data provided by JT files).
- The quality of the model (the number of polygons) can be controlled when importing from JT disk-based files, as well as a choice of whether to import or create new normals and uv texture coordinates, in addition to being able to automatically set the model's units scaling size.
- Complete control over material parameter modification on an automatic basis. Many CAD systems have basic material parameters (like color, ambient + diffuse shading coefficients, opacity, etc) but when they are transferred over to a rendering and animation system they often look "too bright" or "highly ambient". This can be expected and is quite normal. The material tweak parameters easily allow such saturated shading values to be automatically compensated.
- Allows import of JT PMI graphical data as vector data and then re-exported to such vector-data compatible Okino export file formats as U3D. JT's PMI data consists of:
Additional manufacturing information such as surface finish and weld information.
- Extracts embedded texture images from the JT file and saves them to TIFF files. The resulting TIFF files are then linked to the materials as diffuse texture maps.
Fore more and additonal informations please visit the Okino websites: