SU Podium V2 is a photo-realistic rendering plug-in to SketchUp. SU Podium V2 employs advanced rendering technology but sticks to it‘s original intention of making photo-realistic rendering for SketchUp an easy and rewarding task. The user interface is simply and does not require advanced knowledge of rendering techniques.
SU Podium uses ray tracing and global illumination to create photo-realistic images. Although the user does not have to be aware of what technology is being used, it‘s important to note that you can obtain high quality images with realistic reflection and lights, quickly. SU Podium uses multi-threading of your CPU so much of the rendering process will use all your processors (Dual/ Quad/ Eight).
Summary of Features
- Works inside Google SketchUp, Free or Pro, Mac or Windows
- Works with SketchUp textures, sky, background colors, shadows, groups and layers
- Material properties applied globally to SketchUp textures
- High quality raytracing
- Advanced Global illumniation
- Physical sky for skies with depth and turbidity
- Bump mapping
- ‘True‘ reflection - not fake specularity
- Refraction with presets
- Blurred reflection
- Blurred refraction for true translucency
- Light emitting materials
- Omni lights
- Sun light
- Sky Light
- Spot lights in PLS
- Caustic reflections
- Unlimited resolution
- Multi-Processor support
- Free Light Fixture library of 200 ready made light
Note - Ray tracing simulates the path of a ray of light as it would be absorbed or reflected by various SketchUp textures or faces. Global Illumination or GI is an algorithm that takes into account not only the light which comes directly from a light source like Sky Light or the Sun, but also subsequent cases in which light rays from the same source are reflected by other faces in the scene (indirect illumination). SU Podium V2‘s GI is far superior to previous versions of Podium.